My Birth Story for Maximus

Please submit your birth story via email to femconscious@yahoocom with a title and your name. 😊

We look forward to reading and sharing your crazy and amazing stories.

My Birth Story for Maximus

A week before giving birth to Maximus I was in the hospital due to health problems. I was starting to lose vision on both eyes cause of my diabetes. Doctors sent me home on Monday November 28th, 2016 and told me to come back the next day at 8pm to induce my labor. The next day (Tuesday) I woke up around 8am and went to the bathroom. I did my business and decided to feed the cats. I bent down to pick up their plate that when i got back up I felt a little bit of warm water running down my legs. I thought to myself “damn did I really just pee on myself?” I brushed it off and continue fixing the cats their food. Then boom again warm water running down my leg. I decided to google “how can you tell if your water broke?” It said “you can hear it pop, a gush of water would just burst out, or you can leak a little here and there.” So it recommended putting on a pad and lying down and within 2 hours if the pad was filled up then that means your water broke. So I decided to walk to the closet and get a pad. Sure enough I started to leak more water. I woke my boyfriend up and told him the baby was coming. He got up so quick and started packing his bag. I kept leaking down the hallway and apologizing. My bf and my mom kept telling me not to worry. I showered and so did everyone else. We ran out of there. We hopped on a cab and headed to the hospital. I felt I was waiting forever for a room, but I finally got one, I remember it was a big room and a rainy day. My mom was there and so was my bf’s mother. She was so excited because this was her first grandchild ever. I don’t remember the name of my nurse but I know she was Cuban and so nice. She wouldn’t give me drugs because she said I was strong and didn’t need it. Hours went by and it looked like I was finally ready to start pushing. So family had to clear the room out and my bf walked out with his dad for a few minutes while they were getting me ready. I started pushing without my bf being in the room. When he appeared he saw so many people in that room that he didn’t understand what was going on. Doctors had me on four because my son’s heartbeat was dropping. I honestly can’t remember what time this all was. All I know is that they had to do a C-section on me. So on Wednesday morning at 5am my first born son came into this world and I will never forget that day. That was honestly one of the best days of my life.


Published by Crissy DXCII

A mom and wife who love to write poetry and empower women. Working in the financial field as a licensed Life Insurance Agent and a licensing coach. Thank you for visiting our website 😊

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s